Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Second-Hand Birthday

This little girl turned 4 and had a fabulous Birthday.

She could have cared less that all her stuff was Second-Hand.

I love that about kids!!!

Here is the goods...

Mr. C gave her a Dora book that she had wanted for-ev-er.  Found it at a yard sale for $2. :)

Even the Princess wrapping paper was from a Yard Sale. $1.

She loved it and Mr. C received a big, fat, hug.

Mister E gave her a coloring/activity book and crayons.  This girl is a coloring fool and absolutely loved this.  Who cares if it came from DI for $2 and the crayons .50.  Not her!

The HH and I gave her a Snow hat and gloves set that I actually got last year on clearance for $2.74, and this helmet purchased at DI for $1!

We also gave her this cute little scarf that I purchased before my project started form THIS  awesome Girlie!  She makes the cutest stuff ev-er! I got it for half off though $8. We also gave her this scooter that I purchased off of KSL ($10) last year for her birthday, but 3 days before her Birthday (last year) she  decided she wanted a STAGE.  yeah, that's right a STAGE to dance and sing on. :) Since her Daddy is the best, he wipped her up one in less then 24 hours using only materials we had lying around the house.  
It came complete with carpet and storage!

The cake was NOT second-hand. ;) But the candles ($1.99 for 4 packs of candles) and the Princess toppers ($1) were purchased from Savers.

Funny story:  

We've been letting Miss J ride her scooter around the house and Mr. C wanted to bring in his scooter from outside and ride it inside too.  

I told him No, because it was dirty.  He said that Miss J's scooter had dirty wheels too. I explained to him that it just looked dirty from having wear on the tires but that I cleaned it up really good before we gave it to her. so now it's clean.  

Then miss J comes scootering into the kitchen like she owns the place and says, in her sassiest voice mind you,    " Yeah, she picked this up from a Yard Sale."  

She thought she was the coolest ever because her scooter was picked up from a YARD SALE. I LOVE it! I love that she still thinks it is cool. Probably won't last into the teenage years though will it?  I guess I won't break her heart by talling her that I bought it off of KSL and not a Yard Sale. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment