Thursday, February 23, 2012

WHY. WHY, WHY!

For some reason blogger will NOT up load my pictures. WHY?! I think because I am such a blog slacker and it hates me.  REALLY?!  Do you think that is going to get me to blog more often? PROBABLY NOT!!

I'm going to stick-it to blogger and blog anyways...that should show 'em, right? HA!

Any who sorry about the rant. :) 

I was REALLY EXCITED to post pictures of my most FAVORITE second-hand buy, and Christmas present.  MY VAN!!!!!!!!  That's right folks, I am rockin' the Mini-van and proud of it! :) I love this thing so much! 

You see we had a Lexus (car) and it was wonderful, but we were squishing 3 kids, with car seats mind you, in the back seat of that amazing car.  No bueno! We sold the Lexus and got a Toyota Sienna.  Some people might consider this 'down grading' but I am feeling like royalty in this baby!  It has it ALL, leather (and heated) seats, navigation, DVD, lasers for cruise control(the HH's favorite), hooks in the trunk space to hang your bags(MY FAVORITE), back up camera(also my favorite), and soooo much more.  Honestly I could live in this thing. Oh, and the older kids can put on their seat belts by themselves.  LOVE THAT! They are not on top of each other so it's 'slightly' more peaceful too.  LOOOOVE!

The HH says that it is going to save me 5 swear words a day...at least!  Now I'm not a big swearer people but try packing 3 kids into a CAR and have to seat belt all of them because they can't reach it because they are so squished.  Then at least one of them is crying because they got their head kicked or hand smashed from someone else trying to get packed in the car. It was Aw-SOME! :) NOTE: These swear words were 'mostly' in my head so not to offend little ears. ;)  Really it has helped in a BIG way, in every possible way.  Who new?

Like I said this is a second-hand van.  We bought it from a dealer who got it from an auction who took it from an older lady so she could transport her dog. ;0  She kept this thing so clean though, and paid for the whole thing to be sprayed with scotch guard.  It looks brand new, but is a 2005.  we got a SMOKIN' deal on it and were even able to pay cash for it! LOVE!!!! 

I was determined to not go in to debt for a car.  We've done debt, and me no likey!  So we were looking at A LOT of vans with fewer upgrades and leather was an absolute no.  Then the day before the guy was buying our car we found this one,  it was slightly higher in price, but we thought we could talk him down and juggle some more of our money to make it work.  We got there to look at it and fell in LOVE, and fell HARD, but were ONLY going to do it, if the price was right.  

We took it to a mechanic and they checked it out for us and it needed to have the CV-boots changed on it, so the Dealer came down $200. The guy buying our car agreed to do a trade through the dealer which saved us another $600, and since we had cash the dealer came down another $1000!  BLEEEEESSED!

We have squished 3 kids into the back of a car for 18 months and now we were finally able to reap the reward of our sacrifice!  I am so glad we waited to find this one and that we stuck to our guns and didn't go into debt! BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!



 

4 comments:

  1. well bottom line is this. You are awesome. Yes you are. I am glad you are happy even though I am not a van lover but i am a heather lover ( does that sound bad?) so I guess we will let it slide. hehe!! SWAGGER WAGON all the way baby!! I cant wait to hit some yard sales in that beast! I mean beast in the best way possible. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, ok, ok. Maybe I'll change my mind and consider a van in the future....only because of your post, though. :) I'm jealous of you again. Way to work an awesome second-hand deal with cash! You guys are really super awesome in the minds of the Lee's.

    ReplyDelete