Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Getting Our Thrift On.

Last week I took one of the girls in my ward to a Local Thrift Shop to show her how inexpensive and awesome Thrift Shopping can be.  She is a poor college student and was complaining that she needed new clothes (mostly shirts) but had no money.  Well this is what we found.  She didn't buy all these but I made her pose for a picture in them all anyways.  She was SUPER thrilled. :)

She did NOT buy this one. I love how she is so happy about me taking her picture. LOL!

She bought this one.
She also bought this one. 
No not this one.
This one was my favorite!  The green looked so good on her and love the style of it.
This one had a really cute tie that went around the waist, but it wasn't her 'style'.  She didn't get it.
This one fit funny so she didn't get it either.

So she got 3 shirts for $16.00.  Which actually was kinda pricey for Thrift Shopping, but still a LOT LESS expensive then her shopping spree in the mall the week before.  The shirt she wore to go shopping with me cost her $20. 

What do you think about Thrift Store 'Clothes' Shopping?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome- Everything about this is AWESOME. You should come to SLC and we can have an afternoon of thrifting together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to buy full-priced, new clothes after thrift/consignment shopping over the past several years - it is the way to go. And I think you should take that witty widdler with you everywhere you go....she is quite the model! ;) Can I come next time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. My biggest problem is that I have no time to drive out to the thrift stores to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love that you took her thrift shoppin' with you!! That's Plato's, huh?! LOVE it there!! And, hey, Whitdawg..... ya look good:)

    ReplyDelete