Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weekend Finds!

Are you ready for this?  Brace yourself!  I left the house with $25 and this is what I came home with...


Books!  Awesome, awesome books.  I'm a huge sucker when it comes to books.  I actually got 4 other ones also that are not in this picture.  The ones in the pictures are so great for beginner readers and readers transitioning into chapter books.  Love them! 
Books in picture cost...$.00.  Other 4 books cost $1 for the 4.

 
Little Miss J got hooked up with this adorable little chair.  The kids both did reading this past Summer but we never made it to the Library to turn in their charts and get ptizes so this is what she got for her reading prices.  Guess how much it cost me? $0 :)
3 pairs of Old Navy shorts for Mister C to add to his pile of school clothes.  He loves that they have the stretchy waist.  Happy kid=Happy Mom.  These were also FREE.
Big stack of plan white legal size paper.  For what you ask? Art projects...lots and lots of art projects. :) My kiddos are constantly coming and getting paper from our printer.  Now they have their own little pile to use.
Paper-$1 for the whole pile

 
I picked up a pack of 6 baby bibs (not the baby)!  Thay are brand spanking new, and where muchly needed.  My old ones had been through 2 kids...you can imagine.
Bibs-$2 for 6

Mister C learned to ride his bike without training wheels this summer and has been living on his bike ever since.  Saddly he was still cruising around on this bike (pictured above) that he got when he was 2 1/2.  He is now six and tall for his age.  It was time for a new bike. :)  I'd been looking for the past month on KSL but hadn't found anything in our price range that was close enough to drive and pick-up.  So I made it a goal to find one Yard Selling last Saturday.  But was striking out left and right. :(  Then my sweet friend called and said that they were just going to take a load to DI and if I wanted anything to come back and take it...FOR FREEEEEEEEE.  Oh, and guess what they had......a BIKE! :)
This bike!  Isn't so cute.  I love that it's a little beach cruiser.  So cute! This was his prize for the reading he did for the summer.  Mister C was beyond happy!  It doesn'e end there though.  I sent the HH to a Yard Sale to check-out a set of Kid golf clubs and the bag to go with it.  He bought the golf Clubs and this bike.....
So now Mister C has really thought that he has died and gone to heaven. :)  This one is bigger though and still a little hard for him to ride.  He can grow into that one, and now we'll have back up for when he has friends over.   The cruiser bike is perfect for him right now though. 
Cruiser Bike- FREE
Huffy Bike-$10
Kid Golf Club Set w/ Bag-$10
Snow clothes-FREE
Tricycle for Mister E-FREE
Cute little Princess Pens.  These are going to be GREAT for gifts.
Pens-$2 for 5
Brown Leather Chest-FREE

As you can see I pretty much got HOOKED-UP by my friend with the trailer full of stuff she was taking to DI. I am not against hand-me-downs. :)  Everything that was FREE came from her.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. wow you made out like a bandit amazing stuff i love the cruser bike and the leather chest

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to share again i was at dessert book again in the bargin section 2 books and something else that was less then $5 im a member of their rewards club i had enough points i didnt have to pay for todays purchuse i was happy and still am

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!? That is so so awesome. Way to go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good finds!! I love the leather chest!!

    ReplyDelete