Monday, June 20, 2011

Life Happens.

This weekend I ended up only hitting up one Yard Sale and the only reason I went to that one was that I practically hit it with my car. ;)  So why not stop, right?  I bought this fan which is a much needed item for our upstairs that gets very hot through the summer months.

Also got this key chain to add to my dad's Father's Day gift.


So I'm sure you're wondering why I didn't get out Yard Selling.  Well life kinda, sorta, got in the way this week. Life Happens, right? My sweet, innocent, adorable, daughter RIPPED my rear view mirror off my car.  So a chunk of Friday was spent dealing with that.  I also went to a MUCH NEEDED lunch with my sisters, who I don't see near enough anymore, and ran some errands. (THANKS HEATHER FOR WATCHING THE KIDDOS!) Since Friday was filled to the brim it left me with WAY too much to do on Saturday, plus the Handsome Husband had a long lists of 'to-dos'.  We also had family pictures Saturday night and all of you have had family pictures taken, this can be quite the stresser! Ugh!  I have a love/hate relationship with family picture day.  The love part usually doesn't come until I get to see the actual pictures.  LOVE THAT PART! Can't wait to see these. :)  So I guess waking up at the crack of dawn wouldn't have helped my patients any. But, It was KILLING me all morning to not be out there Yard Selling.  Next week FOR SURE!  I am just  dying to go.  Plus I have a new list of things to get.  I've gotten on a organizing kick and am dying to find anything that can help me organize every room in my house.  I. HATE. CLUTTER.  I know hate is a strong word but it is EXACTLY how I feel about it, and I have found my self letting clutter get out of hand more and more now that I have 3 kids(Was three kids a kicker for anyone else?).  So today I cleaned out 3 of my kitchen cabinets/drawers.  It doesn't sound like much but these are the drawers that I keep all my kids art supplies, activities, c.d.s and such in.  So it was jam packed full of  stuff.  It's been driving me nut-so for weeks.  It's just one other way that 'Life Happens' and clutter just seems to build up and then I notice I can't breath and I look around and know why...too much clutter!!! So I am determined to take the 'bull by the horns' if you will and tackle this.  I know it will take me forever with  my other motherly/wifey duties, and because honestly who wants to spend their summer inside cleaning. But it IS driving me crazy so I just can't put it off any longer.  So here it begins and it will be fun hunting for things I can use to organize with.  Wish me luck!

I wish that I would've taken some before pictures, but here are after pictures of the three cabinets I cleaned out today.  I'm feeling better already. :) 



Oh, and I hope that everyone enjoyed there Father's Day.  Here is what we gave to the Father's in our lives.

Here is Mister C modeling what he gave to the HH.  We also gave him 3 shirts and a 'stylish fanny pack' if there is such a thing. All this was bought at Yard Sales.  Total cost: about $5.  Total if purchased new: closer to $80!  Wowzah!

This is what we gave my Padre.  What do you get the guy who has everything and is impossible to buy for? FOOD!  Who doesn't love food.

We gave the HH's Dad a big bag of pistachios and a Man-date with him and the HH.  A little father-son bonding so they can see a ruff and tough, shot 'em up movie together.  It's a win-win! 

* Did anybody else go out Yard Selling this weekend?  Did you get something AWESOME?  DO tell!

1 comment:

  1. I've been out yard selling the past two weekends and thought of you both times!

    Do you have an iPhone? If so, you should get INSTAGRAM. It's a free app that would be perfect for you. You can use it to edit and post your yard sale finds!

    ReplyDelete