Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Blues...

This weekend was NOT my week for Yard Sales.  The Handsome Hubby was out of town so that left me Yard Selling with three (very adorable) kids.  Friday I hit a couple and actually got a few things like some AWESOME GOLD BOOTS, and  some old books.  I am a sucker for old books!   Saturday I lasted all of 45 min and we didn't even leave until close to 9.  :(  I personally only spent .50 cents that day, but Mister C my 6 year old found a Boogie Board that he'd had me on the look out for at every Yard Sale for weeks.  He's cute! So SCORE for him.  He also found a really cool toy Police Helmet that talks and such. He loves it.  He Spent a total of $4.14 on his finds.  I've taught him well. ;)

The GOLD boots!  They are so great and are going to complete some very awesome Halloween Costumes.  Hooray!!!

Mister C with his finds...

Miss j also wanted a picture taken of her.  Her fairy costume just so happens to be a Yard Sale find from a couple of weeks ago...50 cents!
 
My favorite find of the weekend was this Children's Book that I paid .25 cents for.  I fell in love with the gorgeous illustrations.  I love the old vintage look, the colors, and how it makes me wish for lazy days...days that are slower.  You know what I mean?  I kinda want to frame the pictures and do a nursery around them or something.  Here is a little peek...








Like I said before, I'm a sucker for old books.  I bought these three at a Yard Sale on Friday and they went straight to Mister E's room.



Although it wasn't a super fantastic weekend and was largely cut short for me.  I know some of you did find some AMAZING stuff. Like my neighbor got a weed eater ($7), and seed spreader ($5) that are both in really great condition and look practically new.  My other good friend got two boxes full of really, really cute, name-brand clothes for her boys, and a really great vintage baby cradle...just to name a few.  I also was able to bum a super cute, vintage, mustard yellow tablecloth off her. ;) (THANKS APE!!!!)  Just realized I don't have a picture of it though. That will have to come in a later post.

2 comments:

  1. I think you did great! More is not always better. I think framing those illustrations is a brilliant idea. It's so cute that you've got C looking out for treasures too. you amaze me! Addie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those boots! Doesn't sound like a bad weekend at all.

    ReplyDelete