Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Handmade with LOVE

"Being frugal does not mean being cheap! It means being economical and avoiding waste." --Catherine Pulsifer

My biggest struggle this far is gifts.  I don't want people to think I'm a cheap-o.  I want them to like LOVE their gift and I want it to be something that I am proud to give.  So I spend  a lot time trying to come up with a inexpensive, second-hand, awesome, gifts.  Here are some that I worked on last week.

Graduations gifts for the girls in my ward... 

 Headbands made from bright colored headbands I already had wrapped in one of the Handsome Hubby's church shirts. Don't worry he was getting rid of it anyways. ;)  The flowers are made from some old t-shirts and and old skirt of mine, topped off with some cute vintage buttons.  

I've been struggling finding anything at Yard Sales that I feel comfortable giving as a gift to little boys.  All the little boy stuff is trashed.  Maybe because boys are harder on their stuff?  I'm not sure but it's been impossible to find anything in good condition.  So I came up with the idea of making capes.  I found a tutorial HERE.  It turned out so cute and what little boy wouldn't love one of these?  The material was either bought at a Yard Sale, Thirft Shop, or from my Mom's stash (THANKS MOM).
 
 This cape was made for a little boy that is about half the size of Mister C (my model).

 Mister C is dying to have one too, but he'll have to wait until I strike gold with some more fabric.

**Anyone else have some other great ideas for gifts?  HELP PLEASE!

3 comments:

  1. I have made magnet tic tac toe boards for gifts, and they turned out so cute. I will have to show it to ya or figure out how I post a pic on here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cohen has a cool apron that he loves to wear when he is doing projects. It holds his tool, snacks and treasures. Something to think about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so stinkin talented! Those headbands are so fun and cute! I love the capes too! They turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete