Monday, May 16, 2011

The Great Debate

What a F.U.N. weekend I just had.  Spent it in Mesquite, NV with the hubby and some friends.  What do you do in Mesquite you ask?  NOTHING!.. and that is exactly what we did.  We lounged around the pool in 90 degree weather, went to Thor (which was surprisingly good), ate at a most delicious Japanese Restaurant (had sushi for the first time), slept in, played games, and hit up a few Yard Sales (of course) :)    

I have to give credit to April and Shannon for dragging me to the Yard Sales on saturday which is where I found all of these treasures.  Drag me to a Yard Sale?  What's that about?  Well Friday we hit up a couple local yard sales and they were HUGE disappointments.  They were smoke filled, Sante Fe style, so not for me, stuff.  So I was having  a debate with myself whether to sleep in (which I NEVER get to do), or get up and go to Yard Sales that turn out to be flops.  What to do, what to do.  The girlies convinced me to suck it up and go Yard Selling, and so I did! :)  Thanks ladies for kicking me in the butt, otherwise I would have missed out on all this...

 My .50 frame that just needs a coat of paint and a fresh new picture in it.
 Vintage 1968 World of Barbie Doll case~
Ended up getting these for such a stealer deal.  She started out at $20 for the pair and then $10 and down she went to where I got them for $3.75 FOR THE PAIR!!!  I honestly couldn't believe it! 
Ended up getting this precious hand-held mirror for .50.  I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Spent a whopping .45 cents on these two items plus a pizza cuter that is NOT in the picture. That's 45 cents total for ALL 3 items!  LOL!  Watch out I'm a BIG spender. :) 

Isn't this the cutest vintage lunch box?
  I had to have it!

Oh, and it was full of ROCKS. :) The teenage girl selling it said she started collecting rocks as a little girl and this was her collection.  How cute!  Most of these rocks came from North Dakota.  I knew my kids would be pumped about a rock collection.  I was right, they loved it and have been searching for special rocks to add to the collection themselves.

Now on to the prized find of the day.  We hit the jack-pot when we found a Yard Sale at some storage units.  There were so many people selling some really great stuff.  That is actually where I found the vintage Barbie cases.  But I also bought this sweet little table... 


Yes we are posing with the table because it was somewhat of a fight on who was going home with it.  April spotted it firs,t showed it to me and 'said' she 'wanted' ME to buy it. ;)  After I picked it up to purchase it she started having second thoughts and we had a back and forth teasing match on the table the rest of the trip.  It was funny though because I had to borrow money from Shannon to purchase it because I didn't have enough cash, so then Shannon got in on it saying it was hers because she is the one that actually paid for it. LOL. It was funny. :) When this picture was taken we were still in the 'great debate' on who's table it actually was.

But I WON (although I did try to make April take it) and it's in my possession paid for and all.  This is how I rode home with it loving under my legs for 4 HOURS!  I think I earned the right to the table. ;)  We'll see where it ends up though because I'm not quite sure were it will go.  As promised if I can't find a place for it on it will go to April  for her future house.  

Love you girls had a B-L-A-S-T!

3 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes, a blast was had by all. Can we go back tomorrow? You forgot to mention that the whole reason I gave it to you was so that you would stop b-otching and moaning about not going to the "o so great Elk Ridge sales". (totally kidding, I'm just having way too much fun with this little feud:) You did earn that puppy straddling it all the way home... but do remember that one of the legs was partly on my side and it was rubbing on my sunburn all the way home;) hmmm which is the greater sacrifice??? hehehe Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I LOVE YOU APRIL...That is all!

    ReplyDelete