Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Finds, and Show and Tell

I put myself on a strict $10 budget this weekend.  I mostly went out to hunt for gifts for upcoming birthdays, weddings, and graduations.

My FAVORITE find of the day was this picture of the Salt Lake Temple and easel.  This sells for $59.95 right now in stores.  I paid...$5 for both!  Come to find out, the person I had in mind to give it too is not getting married in this temple.  So I might just have to find it a permanent place in my house. :)

I bought someones button collection for $2. :)  Just a small collection, but it had a handful of really great buttons.
It came with these vintage, wooden spools too.  I love them!
Bought this cute little doll complete with 6 outfits for $1.  It will make a perfect gift for my niece. :)
How sweet is that face?

I also bought a bag of clothes for a $1, and some ribbon, chipboard tags, and a brand new (still in the wrapper) Jenny Phillips Cd (she is an LDS artist...who I love) for $1.50.  Grand total for all my finds $10.50!  Not too bad, eh? 

My neighbor/friend bought this really cool game table for $40 she talked her down from $75.00!  Great job Kayley! :)  Better yet it is not just one game but 4!  Air hockey, Foosball, Pool, and Ping-pong.  Party at their house!!



My friends birthday is today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACY!!!! LOVE YA!!!) and since I didn't find her anything at the yard sales this weekend, I made this cute little sign for her.  The  picture on the front was sent to me from my cousin-in-law (THANKS ANGIE), and I've been dying to do something with it!  I also made me one and hung it out on my porch.  HaPpY SprInG everyone!

4 comments:

  1. How in the world do you find beautiful temple pics and awesome foosball tables at yard sales??? I think you have a gift....I swear every yard sale I go to only has old cookie jars or tacky porcelain bunnies! You are taking me with you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that temple picture!!! Good finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love what you did with that poster! so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete