Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend spelled...J.O.Y!

Two 'no kid' dates with the Handsome Husband, Yard Sales, upholstery class, some sweet deals, a baby blessing, BOTTLES, and BOTTLES, of BUTTONS, and lots of friend and family time.  This weekend was defiantly a JOY! Here are some of my great finds at Saturday's Yard Sales.

My favorite find was this SUPER CUTE shower curtain, complete with the cute hooks and a shower curtain liner.  You can pick this all up at Target today for $48+tax.  Guess what I paid though?  A mere $10 :)  Love this shower curtain so much and have been wanting one for our upstairs bathroom for (literally) years.  That bathroom doesn't get used much so it was hard to justify spending a lot of money on one.  I'll do it for 10 bucks though and especially when it's this cute and matches my wall color perfectly.  JOY!

 Here it is up in the bathroom!  Isn't it PERFECT!  Oh and the shower curtain rod was one my in-laws had an extra of so they passed the love to me!  THANKS GUYS!


At one Yard Sale they were selling a bunch of girlie BBC movies on DVD. The discs looked new, no big scratches which is usually the case when there are DVDs at yard sales.  BBC movies are the best!  If you love period films and old fashioned life then these are the shows for you. ROMANCE, DRAMA, and LOVE.  These are as big of a chick-flick as they come.  Can you say 'Pride and Prejudice', 'Sense and Sensibility', 'North and South'.  The best of the best of BBC movies.  Here are the ones I picked up.  For $1 each. Cha-ching!  JOY!
 I also picked up 'Little House on the Prairie' seasons 1 & 2 on DVD for $1. :)  Thought they would make a great companion for the book set I got two weekends ago.  JOY! 
First yard sale of the morning was a JACK-POT! That is where I picked up the shower curtain and I also got these clothes (some of them brand new with tags still on!) and a very cute ALDO bag. All this plus one more shirt that I happened to be wearing when I took the pictures. ;)  It's comfy and so perfect for weekend lounging! JOY!
 3 Shirts for the HH (which will be part of his Father's Day gift.), 4 shirts for me (Mother's Day! Am I the only one who shops for her own gifts?), 1 sweater jacket, 1 vest with hood, and the cutest yellow dress, and of course the ALDO bag.  Spent $3 for the bag and an average of $1 on each of the clothing pieces!  How can you NOT love Yard Sales?  JOY!

Here are some close-up pictures of the loot...

 This dress is going to be so cute with some leggings and a little shirt under or even a light cardigan over it. I heart cardigans!

 Love the big collar on this sweater.  The picture makes it brighter then it really is, it's more of a mossy color rather then avocado color you see here.

 This was the shirt I was wearing.  I decided to take it off for you.  It has a cute little hood even, and wide arms.  So COMFY!



Now for the ULTIMATE JOY of the weekend...BOTTLES AND BOTTLES OF BUTTONS!!  This deserves a post all on it's own so I'm going to post more on my 'Leaning Tower of Buttons' later.  I really can't believe this happened to me.  Somebody L-O-V-E-S me!  JOY! and JOY!


*Did anyone else go and brave the cold and snow this weekend?   What was your favorite find?

8 comments:

  1. JOY!!!! I am still at a high from this weekend!! You got some amazing finds! i am still jealous over the yellow dress. JOY!!! And I love all the vintage buttons. Your right, someone does love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that shower curtain, dress and sweater!!! so jealous. You always find the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This somebody l-o-v-e-s you! You already knew that... but I just had to tell ya again! Your taste is impecable(If that's a word) and that is exactly why you are going to be my personal fashion consultant/house deorator extraordinaire. Um can we say button h-e-a-v-e-n??? I've had dreams of those buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally scored!! I am so dang jealous of the Little House dvds! And Wives and Daughters happens to be one of my all time favorites (but I already have it:)
    Good job!!! How much were the buttons?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the love and the joy. Oh yeah. You are the bomb.com! Love you. I had two dreams about the buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to follow you to your yard sales... How do you find such good ones?? Do you follow the signs or get hints from KSL postings??? Help a girl out here... I need to find some stuff for a booth I'll be doing this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamie-What kind of things are you looking for? I really don't have "secret tricks". I definitely check out ksl but I do also follow signs. it's really hit and miss. Sometimes you lose sometimes you win. I go to A LOT of yard sales so I'm bound to hit one good one (at least) a week. You are welcome to follow me to the yard sales but you'd probably want to BEAT me there. ;) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are probably the first person to get to them too... Like 7 am early??? I'll have to drag myself out of bed to catch the good stuff. I need some old windows or old unique picture frames and I would love to find a stache of buttons... as for now I aspire to find treasures such as yours... I will blog about what I find!!

    ReplyDelete