Friday, May 6, 2011

Button Heaven





Is there such a place?  I'm pretty sure there is and I'm pretty sure I was there last Saturday.  After posting about my 'Vintage Button' obsession (haven't read it? Read it HERE) I received a message on Facebook from a certain someone (MARCIE I LOVE YOU!) who reads my blog. She said she'd been cleaning out a ladies house who had passed away and that there were bottles, and bottles of buttons that she didn't know what to do with -- until she read my blog.  She said I was welcome to have them ALL!  Can you believe how AWESOME that is?!  That was Friday, and all that night I was thinking and talking about those buttons while on a couples date with the HH and some friends.  They pretty much all (minus one who loves buttons as much as I do) thought I was nuts-o and I pretty much am. ;)  I mean really, is a button suppose to bring this much happiness to a person?  Saturday I (of course) was up bright and early out at  yard sales when I got a call from my "button angel" saying I could meet her to pick them up. Which I did.  And "Oh", the pure joy of all those buttons! There were SIX bottles plus 3 small bags full of wonderful, magnificent, gorgeous, one-of-a-kind, story BUTTONS!!!!  I was TRULY in button heaven while digging through them, carefully examining each and everyone.  When I found an especially great one I would scream and giggle with joy and run to show the HH, he humored me but was CLEARLY not as enthusiastic about it as I was. (RUDE!;)) Thankfully I had called in two of my fellow button lovers to come share in the BLISS with me (It's always more fun to share!).  Oh the fun we had when they arrived...hours of fun!  We ooed and awed at all of them, and laughed at how many times we were saying the word "LOVE", it was AWESOME!   While digging through them we felt sad that we didn't  know the sweet little lady's name who owned them.  I have since found out that her name was Nadine and that she was a sweetheart.   I really hope that Nadine knows how much I  CHERISH her buttons.  Now my jar is 3/4 full and I have some really, really great buttons in it.  Thank you Marcie and Nadine you are truly my BUTTON ANGELS!   

3 Crazy button ladies swimming in button love!
Sorting of the buttons...

Some of my very favorites from the bottles.  The picture does NOT do them justice though!

My new pile mound of buttons.

My jar in all it's glory! 3/4 full and loving it.  Almost time to find me a new vintage bottle. :)

*This is going to be a great weekend for Yard Sales!  The weather is FINALLY going to be warm. There are dozens of them in practically ever city throughout Utah.  So get out there and make me PROUD. :)  Send me pic.s of any great finds you get.  I'd love to share it here on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment