Friday, April 29, 2011

Button, button, whos' got the button?

v I found this jar a couple weeks ago at a Yard Sale for...$1.  Isn't it cute?  It's so vintage, and so GREAT!  So what do I do with such a great jar?  Use it for my newly found obsession...Button collecting.  Vintage Button collecting to be exact. The Handy Husband's Cousin and Cousin-in-law got me hooked and now I can't stop!
Won't this be the PERFECT little jar to hold them all?


This was the very first button in my jar.  It is from the HH's Grandma.  Isn't it cute?

These are some that HH's Mom (BEST mother-in-law on the planet!) gave me.  She has quite the collection herself.  It felt like Christmas digging through all of her many buttons.  Some are even from her Grandma's.  That is so cool!

While we were digging through her boxes and bags of buttons she sat and told me the back stories of some of them.  This cute little blue, round one was used on a dress that her and her mother made after she saw it in a magazine and begged her Mom to help her make it.  She was in the 9th grade.  How fun for her to remember that story and share it with me.  I was eating it up!  Loved hearing the back stories of the buttons and wish that I could hear all the stories that go along with each and every button.  Because you know EVERY button has a STORY. :)
So this is my collection thus far.  Pretty good start.
But I still have a long way to go to fill my jar with those amazing, little, vintage, story buttons. :)
Miss J and Mister C have gotten into my BUTTON LOVE as well.  They carried around their jars of buttons for two days and even had to sleep with them.  LOL.  Miss J loved sitting and threading her buttons for hours.  It was so incredibly precious!


Mister C said the only thing he wanted from the Easter Bunny was a little bit of candy and BUTTONS.  How cute is that?  Here are the 'special' buttons the Easter Bunny brought to Miss J and Mister C.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for BUTTONS. I am so glad you are on board. It takes a special woman to understand the love and OBESESSION of button collecting. Oh... I had a dream this week that I was at a yard sale and they had a special section with vintage buttons! I hope that dream comes true for us this summer!!! I am craking up though... dreaming about them takes this to a whole new level!

    Love ya girly.
    xoxoxox
    P.S. I love the buttons from the HH's Mom. So neat and special. Love that. And I love "J" pink one. SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun collection. I love those vintage buttons. The jar is so perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather you need to go over to Confetti Antiques in Spanish Fork. They have an old bathtub filled with vintage buttons! you'll love it! Addie

    ReplyDelete