Monday, April 18, 2011

The Goods.

Left my house at 7:30 am on Friday morning with $21 and some change.  Came back at 10:00 am with $11 to spare and all this great stuff.

Kid's bench and chair ($3 for the pair), Shirt for Miss J (.50), Stride Rite Shoes for Mr. E (.50) Leather toolbelt ($3), leather work gloves (.50), Book (.50), Mr, Potato Head ($1), MY LAMP!($2), School Desk (FREE), Snow Suit for Mr. C ($1), storm trooper costume ($1)
All this needs is a little tightening of the screws and some paint and it will be as good as NEW. :)  Can't wait!

Stride Rite shoes .50!


Saturday.  What a great day for Yard Sales.  I think we hit about 20 that day.  This is what I found...

Garden/hose organizer ($4)

Spent a total of  $5.25 on this group.
All this cost me $17.80!  WOW!  I love yard sales!  Yes those are the old school lunch trays.  I had to buy them!  5 trays for $1, yes please.

The kids think they are so COOL.  We had to eat off of them that night. :)

NOW ON TO MY ALL TIME FAVORITE FIND FOR THE WEEKEND...

This was my first find of the day and I can't even tell you how much I LOVE it.  The woman selling it said that it was hers growing up and then her girls used it through their childhood.  This desk had a lot of history and sentimental value to her.   So glad that I was able to buy this from this nice family and I promised that I would take great care of it and that my daughter would use it and love it for all her many, many projects. Oh, by the way I spent a whopping $5 on it!  Worth every last cent!


I'm SO excited about this desk that I hope to have it all painted and pretty in the next couple weeks.  Although I'm trying to wait for my daughters birthday (November) to give it to her. Not sure if that will happen or not. ;)



Show and Tell: Check out THIS BLOG to see the great finds Natalie got this weekend.  I WANT the chairs!  You'll also want to check out her other posts.  She has some really GREAT re-do projects.  Her Laundry room is one of my favorites.  She is SO great!  I might be biased because we're family ;) but I think you'll LOVE what you see.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT DESK!!!! That's awesome. You always find such great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the desk and other goodies. I am so pumped it's yard sale season. Keep up the good work. I hope I beat you to the next little pair of chairs... actually I hope I find an awesome set of four. Two for me... two for you!! I can't beleive I saw those ones first that Natalie ended up with and walked away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I love that you took a picture of your dinner on the lunch trays. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow. I LOVE that desk, too!! ;) That princess dress has a lot of memories, too. A kind woman from our ward (in CA) had sewn it for her daughter and when she had grown out of it she gave it to us. My little girl (now 14) wore it for Halloween her K year and during the day at school her class had put on a little dance and they danced and signed to Toy Story's "You've got a friend in me" so when Haley saw that I had put that dress into the yard sale pile, she signed "friend" and pointed to that dress! Memories for all! I will be giving your blog site to my older sister, who also used the desk. I told you, it's from the early 1960's or maybe even earlier (I think...) so this thing has gone through a lot! The past 5 yrs. it's been in our garage holding random items..... SO glad you are bringing it back to life!! Oh- could you tell me all the different sites you check to find local yard sales.. KSL, and what else? Thanks and have fun! I love those lunch trays, too! Too adorable that you ate dinner on them that nite! You guys remind me of us! :)

    ReplyDelete