Thursday, April 21, 2011

Peace vs Pieces?

Never spend money before you have it. The rule which I wish to see you governed by through your whole life, of never buying anything which you have not the money in your pocket to pay for. Be assured that it gives much more pain to the mind to be in debt, than to do without any article whatever which we may seem to want."
-Thomas Jefferson   


How? How?  Is the question I am asked when out shopping with friends/family.  How can you not buy things?  How can you be so strong?  This quote sums it up perfect for me.  I finally got to the point where I would rather have PEACE in my life then PIECES of clothing(or whatever).  Yes I like to look good, but you know what I like even more then that?  Feeling good.  I love the feeling I get when I DON'T buy that item and I DON'T put it on a credit card, and I DON'T pay interest on it.  I LOVE the feeling I get when I can say "You don't own me!" to whatever item is there taunting me to buy it.  I LOVE IT!  I can be strong!  I can make the choice whether to buy or not to buy.  Whether I have PEACE in my life or not.  So go out make your choice and BE strong!!!!

1 comment: