Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pep-talk For My Brain.

So yesterday I logged on to my blog and glanced over to my countdown, and was caught off guard that I only have 4 more days until my 'Year of Thrift' kicks off.  I'm starting to get anxiety about it.  Why?  I'm not sure?  I'm basically already doing it, but there is something about being all "official"  about it and all.  Can I really do this?....HECK YES!  I know at times I'm going to wish I NEVER did it and wonder what possessed me to do it in the first place. It kind of reminds me of my thought process when I was giving birth to my son...natural, no epidural(What was I thinking? and why would anyone ever want to do such a thing!).  I'm hoping it is like giving birth, in that after it is over and I have had time to process I will think: "How AWESOME and AMAZING it was and that I am pretty much a modern day SUPERHERO.  The outcome was incredible, and if asked if I would do it again, I'd say: "PROBABLY" (but more yes then no;)).  The pay-off vs. the pain was well worth it.  I'm so sorry for the birthing analogy, but this is a Pep-talk for my brain, so I'm going with what works for me.  I can DO this!  I can go one whole year, 365 days, 1 Christmas, 1 Easter, 1 Mother's Day, Father's Day, and a ca-gillion birthdays.  I can do this right?  Well WHEN I do, do this I'm going to need ALL the HELP I can get.  So please drop by often and leave any helpful hints you might have.  I'm especially going to need A LOT of ideas for gifts.  Thanks for staying and playing along with me.  And if all else fails, this should make for an interesting year. ;)  Plus, look how cute we all look in our second-hand finds...



 The BOYZ in their second-hand outfits. 
Mister E.- Babystyle outfit= .50
Mister C-Old Navy Top= $2, Children's Place jeans= $5.99

Us girlies in our Second-hand finds. :)
Miss J-Old Navy top and skirt= $7, Old Navy Hat=1.99
Yours Truly- Down East Jacket=5.99
Layers white cap sleeve top=FREE
American Eagle Jeans=6.99

*The Handy Husband is sadly lacking in second-hand clothing.  Soon that will change and I'll post pictures of thee Handsome Hubby. :)  Apologies for the blurry pictures; my camera is on it's last leg and is struggling right now. :(  Maybe... ... just maybe, I'll find one at this weeks Yard Sales. ;)

**Thanks for all that voted on my paint dilemma.  Looks like the yes' won!  Oh happy day for me. :) 

5 comments:

  1. You are a superhero Heath! I know you can do it and I can't wait to see all your treasures!!! Love the outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cool! makes me want to go to yard sales :) i'm gonna have me a whole house to furnish/decorate pretty quick here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do this. You are SO tuff. Are you kidding me? FOCUS. Repeat to yourself... "I am going to have a positive and fun year buying second had." Postive and FUN baby. Just like our hypno birthing class. It's all about the self talk. Remember how well you rocked natural childbirth... Was it hard. Yes. Very. But was it worth it? HECK YES. It's going to be fun and crazy and I will be one of your biggest cheerleaders!!! Your homework is to write some postive things on sticky notes and post them on your mirror! HA. Love ya.

    xoxoxox
    Angie
    P.S. I am hating you for getting that jacket so cheap! :) A good hate mind you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you can do this & so does everyone else! :)
    It's going to be a fun ride. I cant wait anyway!!!
    LOVE all the outfits, you all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it Heather. Last December I purchased all of Corbin's Chrismtas presents for this year. Rite aid was having a 75% off sale and I got him a bunch of toys for under $15 bucks. Brand new stuff for cheaper than DI prices YAY. I also stocked up on kid gifts. Most of the items were not more than $4 so I thought that was a good deal. During non-garage sale times I have been hitting up savers. It is in Orem off of Center street. They have some pretty cute closes and certain days of the week certain tags are half price. Also, if you are ever interested in "couponing" you can save big bucks on grocery's too. It you ever want to know how I would love to show you.:)

    ReplyDelete