Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happily Helping

 *If you haven't read post "Almost" read that one first.

So I woke up to snow.  Bleh! No Yard Sales today. Sadness. Now what?    Well I did what was logical,  made me some eggs, jumped in the shower, and had a epiphany about my sofa. ( Yes I was still thinking about it.  It's a great sofa!)    Although I didn't NEED the sofa and it wasn't practical for me to buy it. I was over whelmed with happiness at the thought  that it's going to be such a perfect sofa for someone who really does need it.  So remember how I said that one of the reasons I like to be THRIFTY is so I can help others.  Well this is me helping.  If you NEED a sofa.  Then go buy mine!  It's at the American Fork DI.  It has a dark hard wood frame. Very sturdy, and well builtLooks like new except for one spindle is broken on the back, but they have the broken piece with it.  It would be a super easy fix.  Especially if you have a handy husband like mine.  Even if you don't though a little wood glue would do the trick.  The cushions are a little retro, Yellow, Green, and Brown plaid with pleather(I love that stuff ). I liked them, and thought they were fun. I probably would have left them until I got tired of the plaid.   My shopping partners weren't as keen about it as I was though.  But it would be an easy reupholster fix.  It's SO GREAT!!! It would be perfect in a loft (which is where I would've put it), a den, or a little apartment.  Or recover the cushions in material that would hold up to the elements and put on a patio, or deck.  So many possibilities. It probably has a SOLD sticker on it from me, but as you know it's not sold so just tell them I sent you and to give me a call.  Please go buy this!  I need it to go to a good home with someone that can see it's true potential.  Oh, and if you do buy it SEND ME A PICTURE!!!

Retro Plaid.  So you can get an idea of the pattern on the sofa.  So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment