Thursday, April 7, 2011

Last Weeks Yard Sale Finds.

Yard Sales are just starting to pop up around town now that the weather is warming up.  I am so giddy I can hardly stand it.  Last weekend I had a list of about 8 places to go.  I woke up early,  grabbed a friend, and we took off with high hopes.  But slowly one by one, and house after house after house we kept striking out.   But I was determined not to go home without at least one amazing find.  That's all I wanted, ONE thing that would send my heart a racin' with the joy that only a true Thrifter can feel when they know they've found something great.  Was that too much to ask for? Well, I think not because the last house was my saving grace! We pulled up to the house and there it was propped up against a tree...

It was love at first sight!  This frame is 40 X 20 and is going to look AWESOME on my wall with a fresh coat of paint (I'm thinking something bold and bright) and a cherished family picture in it. I know just the photographer I'm going to use... Ashley Taylor Potagraphy!  She is SO, SO, SO good and she blows my mind with her photography.  I can hardly wait to have her take family pictures again for us.  Should I wait for my little one to start walking (could be six months)? I don't know if I can.  I am so EXCITED to get this little beauty up on my wall.  Oh yeah, and guess what I paid for it?  Only $7!  Can you believe that?!!!!
The detailing is SO GREAT!  Isn't it GORGEOUS?


I didn't leave with just the frame though.   
I also got: 
  • Brand new Dora Doll (In the box)
  • Cast Iron Thomas the train-Diesel *He is so hard to find and when you do find him you'll pay $26.00 or more.
  •  Kid take-n-toss plate and utensil set. (still in box)
  • 2 'warm-up' pants for my 6 year old.
  • Pajama bottom
  • How to Train Your Dragon Pajamas
  • 3 Costumes (2 Spider man, & The Wolverine)





What did I pay for the whole bundle?  $5!!!!!  For All that stuff!!!  That equals out to $.50 a piece I can hardly believe it myself.  But I'm telling you, you can get deals like this all the time.  You just need to be patient and "will" it to happen.  Positive thinking...it really works!  But that topic deserve a post all on it's own. :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!! :) You make my day. LOVE LOVE LOVE the frame! cant wait for more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one thrifty nifty gal if I say so myself!!! I'm your # 1 fan!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too too funny! my grandma had that EXACT same picture...frame and all. it's one of my "fond" childhood memories. i think my sister has it now. it's just fun to see you find that same one...even though i know it's actually pretty common, and not really worth anything. good work!

    ReplyDelete