Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Motivation Station

Since I still have 25 days until my "Year of Thrift" starts (I need to ease into this),  I thought I would keep myself motivated by looking back at past projects.  Lets take a little look-see.


Our very first refinish, a rocking chair found at a yard sale. I don't remember how much we paid, pretty sure it was under $20. But, I do remember how ecstatic I was.   I'd been looking at a rocking chair at '4-chairs' (great store!).  But they were way out of our price range.  So when The Handsome Husband came home with this little beauty I'm pretty sure I cried.  It was almost identical to the one at the store.  Except for one little thing...the ugly, orange finish. But look what a little elbow grease and some paint can do.  I wish I had a before picture. Try and imagine. :)




He surprised me by refinishing it when I was on a weekend trip with the LadiesHe even added a special little touch.  A personalized plaque.  How cute is he!

This next one is one of my absolute favorites!  It cost less then $5 and I didn't have to change a thing on it.  A vintage card table found at a local thrift store.  I knew a lot of things when I saw this table. Like how incredible it was.  But one thing I didn't know...what to use it for.  It has so much character!  I love it! 

Turned it into a one-of-a-kind headboard for my son.  Just folded up the legs and hung it up on the wall.  How easy was that?  It looks great, right?  


My son was more then thrilled to have a table for his headboard. Quote: "If I get hungry in the night I can just take it down and eat off it." He is such a little smarty. Who knew this old table could be so versatile?

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling so inspired...and excited about this blog! I am also a "Thrifter" at heart. I hope to join you for some awesome yard-sailing!

    ReplyDelete