Thursday, April 19, 2012

Book Worm

I've ALWAYS been a fan of reading, ever since I can remember I've loved it.  Naturally I find myself scanning over the books whenever I am out Thrifting.  Books are so great to buy second-hand because most of the time they still look brand-new, and even if they do look a little 'loved' it doesn't make it any less useful for you, so it's great!  Here are just a few of the ones I've found.  I didn't pay more then $3 for anyone of these books. Even better right?  Most were even less then $2 though.

I love reading to my kids before bed.  It is so fun to re-discover books with them!  We've already read about half of these together and just finished up "Falling Up" by Shel Silverstien, which is not pictured.  The kids loved it and laughed a lot!  What should we read next?  Mr. C is thinking 'The Trumpet of the Swan' because we've also read 'Charlotte's Web' and 'Stuart Little' which are also by E.B. White.  Any other suggestions?  I'm actually kinda thinking to read the 'Little house on the Prairie' (Blogged about Here) series through the Summer , but I'm not sure if Miss J (4) is quiet old enough and if Mr. C would even like them.  What do you think.


I'm excited to read 'These is my Words' and 'A Girl Named Zippy' (found these on the shelve together! I lucked out.) which I've heard are fantastic. 'The Shack' has me a little bit skeptical, and I'm waiting to be in the right mood to read that one.  I've read the other two and they're great.  I'm working on completing my 'Harry Potter' series.  Can't wait to be able to read them to the kids! This one's cover wasn't in the best condition, but I got it for $1 and the pages are fine.

Jane Eyre, LOVED THIS BOOK BEYOND WORDS! it is defiantly going on my list of FAVORITES. :)   I went to a local thrift store specifically looking for this book.  I scanned the books up and down  until they all started to look the same, then I came across a super old, super "loved" copy.  I kept it in my hands for awhile really wanting to buy it but hating that it was in such bad condition, but I REALLY wanted to start reading it.  In the end though I decided I would just WAIT and be patient until I found a better copy, so I put it back on the shelve right next to.... another copy of JANE EYRE, the copy you see pictured. :)  It was AWESOME! I was So excited paid my $2 for it and started reading it that night.  I love it and highly recommend.   'The Goose Girl' I already blogged about HERE. Loved it too and am now looking for the sequel 'Enna Burning'. 'Princess Academy' is also by Shannon Hale, but I have yet to read it.  "Grimms' Fairy Tales" was also a great find, for me anyways, love having all the Classics in one book and the illustrations are bea.u.ti.ful.

I even got the 'Hunger Games' for $2! It's not pictured because it is being lent out. You can afford to lend your books out for that price. ;)  Loved the book! Loved the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment