Monday, April 30, 2012

Celebrate!


I am feeling very melancholy as I sit here thinking of the past year and that it is over.  It is ending in quite an unimpressive way.  Geez, if only I had a few friends that played some instruments that would go marching through the great outdoors with me...if only. ;) I do have an HH sitting behind me playing on his new guitar that he just bought, and that is somewhat fabulous, considering that he's been playing on the same guitar for 19 years!

I'm not sure where this little blog stands now.  I'm sure I'll keep it up and going if only a little bit.  In fact I have a post from Ashley's little Yard Sale adventure (without me!) from last weekend.  It's going to blow you out of the water!  So look forward to that.

I still can't believe that it has been a year, I'm rather impressed with myself though.  I know that sounds super self indulgent, but hey I just went 366 (1 extra day because of leap year.  YES I'm counting it!) days buying only second-hand items! I deserve to be a little self indulgent and since I'm here, without a marching band, and I am a words person then I will go on in my self indulgence. :)  I'm AWESOME! Okay, I'm done now...

This project has been stressful as you know, and I've hated it, and cried because of it, BUT it has done so much GOOD for me and my family.  It has saved us so much $$$, has made me more aware of how wasteful we can be, and helped me think outside of the box more then ever.  I look back and can see how much good it has done for us.  I also hope that I have helped people be more inspired as well.  Helped people not to be embarrassed to shop second-hand and to see that it is so much more fun, and so much more creative and unique.  I hope that I've inspired people to SAVE money instead of SPEND money.  I hope I have shown someone what really matters in life.  It's not the fancy clothes you wear, or the expensive things you have around the house.  It's not the latest technology sitting in your hand or on your desk.  It's not the 2012 car in your garage.  It's the wonderful PEOPLE that surround you each day, it's GOD, it's PEACE.  

I have a saying hanging on my wall that says, "The secret to having it all is believing you do."  I couldn't agree more. :)  

THANK YOU so very, very much for supporting me on this little journey of mine.  Thank you for reading my blog.  Thank you for all the encouragement.  Thank you for all the nice things said.  Thank you for having Yard Sales. THANK YOU for INSPIRING me!

Now let's strike up the band, and...CELEBRATE! 

9 comments:

  1. You ARE awesome! Congrats of completing your goal, I'm so very impressed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so very much for being inspireing to me. you have made me start looking for better deals & consider if i really need something or not i have gotten to the point that when i buy dvd's i wont pay full price for them if they are a movie i must have when they come out i try to get them the first week they are out because the are not $20 if i dont get them that week i wait till they go down some movies i have waited a loooong time to get & have only paid $5 for them i wont go more then $15 & thats rare i useally wait for black friday & that weekend target has great deals on dvd's or until a blockbuster goes out of business. i dont go over board on gifts thank you again for being so great about doing this project im very inspired by you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job you are an inspiration to me. Thanks for letting me share this past year with you and your adventure. Good luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome! I hope to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've inspired me! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU all you Lovely people! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather, What a wonderful thing you've done this past year. Huge congratulations on completing your goal! I do hope, though, that you've got at least one more weekend of buying second-hand in you, since YOU are the winner of our $50 flea.o.logy Shopping Certificate! We look forward to seeing you on Saturday in Payson and we hope you have fun picking out some wonderful second-hand goodies to take home - for free! (Please contact me at mjscox@burgoyne.com so I know that you got this message. . . ) Thanks, Cathie of flea.o.logy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    Celebrate!
    I believe the content matter here is rattling magnificent. I genuinely enjoyed reading this article. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather, I think you should post your current yard sale finds on this blog...I really miss it :)

    ReplyDelete