Sunday, April 1, 2012

Another Second-hand Birthday

 Mr C had a Birthday and got HOOKED-UP in the gift department.  How much did I spend you ask? A big whopping 18.50. SWEET!
  He woke up to balloons (can you get balloons second-hand that actually float?), a hand-made cape that he has been begging for since the first one I made for his friend, and 4 secret presents that he had to wait to open until after breakfast.  TORTURE!
He went for the biggest one first, of course.  I even got the wrapping paper at a Thrift store. :)
GOLF CLUBS! Him and his Dad are going to have a blast this summer! Picked up the golf clubs, with the bag and extra balls and tees for a whopping $10 from a Yard Sale!
He has been wanting a "big" back-pack since he started 1st grade because he says that the other kids tease him that he has a "baby back-pack".  We told him to just 'own that baby back-pack'  and if he thinks it's cool then it is.  He didn't like that answer but we made him deal with it (it was actually his perfect size, not a baby one) until now.  He was so happy!  He took it everywhere and even wore it all day at school on Monday.  I've had this for years, but had forgotten about it.  Glad I organized and found it again. :)
New(for him) bike helmet. $2
Agent P t-shirt.  Miss J was Thrifting with me and came across it.  She had to get for him.  I didn't think it was worth $3.49, it looked pretty worn. She was convincing though and we came home with it.
She was right he loved it! She got a big hug for it too.  I guess it was worth it after all.
He LOVES that cape.  I got the fabric at a thrift store and from my Mom. Spent about $3 on it.  the sweet mask was a Yard Sale find from last Summer. $1.

I would say that he had a great Birthday! Yes?  Love this kid and ALL of his energy. :)

1 comment: